Saturday, October 31, 2020

RE-READING ERNEST HEMINGWAY ~

 





I'm re-reading Hemingway in October,

before November, and it's anyone's guess

what is coming for us in November.

Hemingway is good medicine during these times

and A Moveable Feast remains one of his strongest books.

The date on my book says 1972 and it's been with me

since that date in hardcover. As a teenager I loved the smaller

paperback edition which has since gone somewhere else, or is in

another building in the one, two and over three libraries we

have going on here. Last night I re-read "The Snows of Kilimanjaro"

If it's been awhile since you read the short story, go back,

you'll be glad you did. The same with A Moveable Feast.

There are those humorous and revealing wonderful pages

with Hemingway and F Scott Fitzgerald together.

I’m now on Hemingway’s non-fiction (By-Line

and he doesn’t let anyone off the hook. 

As soon as he arrived in Paris 

he had his eyes roaming and talking. 

Ever the hunter and fisherman, which makes 

his writing so smoothly balanced and declarative, 

different from everyone.


[ BA ]